Massage Cupping™ bodywork therapy is an adaptation of an ancient technique; the purpose of this technique is to promote health and healing by loosening soft tissue and connective tissue, scarring, and adhesions moving stagnation and increasing lymphatic flow and circulation.
This therapy utilizes silicone or plastic cups and a vacuum pistol to create suction on the body surface. These cups are moved over the skin using gliding, shaking, popping and rotating techniques while gently pulling up on the cup, or may be parked for a short time to facilitate joint mobilization or soft tissue release.
Suction reaches deep into the soft tissue, attachments, and organs. Another benefit is to pull toxins and inflammation from the body to the surface of the skin where the lymphatic system can more readily eliminate them.
Potential reactions to Massage Cupping™ are temporary and may include:
- Cup Kiss: discoloration due to toxins and old blood being brought to the surface
- Post tenderness: usually less than experienced from deep tissue work
- Redness and Itching: increased vaso-dilation and/or inflammation brought to
- the surface
- Decreased Blood Pressure: due to vaso-dilation and/or nervous system sedation
Suggested aftercare recommendations:
- Drink plenty of water, to help eliminate toxins out of the body.
- Avoid showers, steam, sauna, and exercise immediately following bodywork.
- Light stretching and range of motion exercises are beneficial.
Exercise the next day will help increase circulation to aid in fading of cup kisses.